June 2, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oats

So Tony consumed the last banana this morning :) after he asked me!!! Since I didn't have a banana for my usual Everyday Oats I decided to venture out into another recipe for my usual breakfast of oats. I had apples, peaches and pears in the fridge. So I decided on Apple Cinnamon as the flavor of the day. Simple and easy, about as easy a recipe as my usual recipe. 

Apple Cinnamon Raisin Oats
Prep Time: 5-12 min

Ingredients (Serves 1):

  1. 1 Large Red Apple, diced, with skin on
  2. 1/2 cup Old-Fashioned or Steel-Cut Oats
  3. 1 tbsp Raisins
  4. 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
  5. 1 cup Almond Milk (Unsweetened, Plain)
  6. 1-2 drops Vanilla extract
  7. A dash of Cinnamon powder
  8. Raw Honey (or other sweetener), to taste (optional)
Directions:
Add diced apple, old fashioned oats, raisins, chia seeds and almond milk to a microwave safe bowl and cook on high for 3 minutes. Remove, add remaining ingredients, stir and enjoy!!! If using steel-cut oats, simmer oats in almond milk for ~8-10 minutes, then add diced apple, old fashioned oats, raisins, chia seeds and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the remaining ingredients. Stir and serve warm. 

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 368 (Fat Calories 80)
Total Fat 8.9 g; Carbohydrates 69.7 g; Fiber 14.4 g; Sugars 29.5 g; Protein 8.5 g

No comments:

Post a Comment