January 19, 2013

Oven Roasted Russet Potatoes

I was in the mood to have a baked potato this afternoon. But I didn't really want to make it in the microwave because I've never liked the slightly chewy outer portions where the microwave sucks the life out of the potato (over dries it!). So I turned the oven on and once it was preheated, I scrubbed and washed my potatoes and discovered that we were out of Aluminum foil. So ... how am I supposed to bake a potato without foil? I honestly have no clue. Oh well .. change of plans. I decided to make oven-roasted potatoes instead. 

Oven Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time: 20-25 min

Ingredients (Serves 6):
  1. 3 Russet potatoes, cleaned and cut into 8 wedges each
  2. 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
  3. 1 tbsp Goya Recaito Cilantro Cooking Base
  4. 1 tbsp dried minced Onions
  5. 2 tsp McCormick's Steak Seasoning
  6. 1 tsp Garlic powder
  7. Salt to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Toss potato wedges and spices together in a large bowl. Add a splash of water or vegetable broth if needed to help the seasonings stick to the potatoes. Place wedges on a Silpat-lined baking sheet, skin side down and roast uncovered for 15-20 minutes until a pin inserted into the thickest part of the wedge glides in and out. Turn on broiler on Hi for 2-3 minutes to help brown the potato wedges. They're done when you see small browned up bubbles on the cut surfaces. Garnish with fresh cilantro, cracked black pepper and lemon/lime juice. Yum!

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 83
Total Fat 0.2 g; Cholesterol 0 g; Carbohydrates 18.2 g; Fiber 2.7 g; Sugars 1.5 g; Protein 2.0 g

No comments:

Post a Comment