March 31, 2013

Raisin Bread w Cinnamon

For Easter dinner tonight, I decided to make a loaf of home-made bread. Since my last several attempts at making whole wheat bread have ended in a rather miserable loaf ;) I've reverted to All-Purpose Flour (at least when the intention is to feed my omnivore family!) and I've gone back to one of the recipes I've tried previously (see here). 

Raisin Bread w a hint of Cinnamon
Prep Time: 10 min + 3.5 hours in the Bread Machine

Ingredients (Serves 12):
  1. 1.25 cups Water
  2. 0.25 cup Maple Syrup
  3. 3.5 cups All Purpose Flour
  4. 1 tsp Cinnamon
  5. 1.5 tsp Sea Salt
  6. 2.5 tsp Active Dry Yeast
  7. 0.25 cup Raisins (@ "add ingredient" stage, optional)
Directions:
Place all ingredients in the order they are listed into the baking pan of your bread machine, with the exception of the raisins. Start the machine using the menu selection for basic white bread. Set the crust to medium or light. Start the cycle and when the machine beeps at the 'add ingredient' stage (just before the last 5-10 minutes of kneading), add the raisins. Allow the baking cycle to complete, remove the bread from the pan onto a baking rack and allow to stand for 20-30 minutes before slicing/cutting into the loaf.

My Assessment: My first loaf that was a complete hit and consumed 100%!!! Instead of cutting slices, I cut it into 2 halves straight down the middle and then cut each half into 6 wedges. Worked well as everybody got some part of the crust and everybody got some part of the soft middle. This recipe, was a hit for sure! 

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 162 (Fat Calories 4)
Total Fat 0.4 g; Carbohydrates 35.1 g; Fiber 1.4 g; Sugars 5.8 g; Protein 4.2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment