January 22, 2012

Super Quick & Easy Roasted Zucchini

Zuccini is perhaps my all time favorite vegetable. Okay, I'm lying! Okra, prepared by Mom, is #1. But Zuccini is a very close second. Here's a quick and easy roasted zucchini recipe, that's out of this world. We had this tonight, but it disappeared so quickly, I hardly had time to take a picture! The one below is courtesy of another blogger "from whence the sweet bird sang". Mine looked a lot like this. I'll remember to take a picture the next time :)

Prep Time: 15-20 min

Ingredients:
1) 2-4 Zucchini squash, the smallest and thinnest ones you can find in the store; washed, dried and cut into 8 wedges each, lengthwise. I like the smaller ones as the seeds are super small, and it makes the meaty part that much tastier.
2) 1-2 tbsp McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning - which in my opinion tastes so much better on veggies.

Directions:
Spray cooking spray lightly on cookie sheet. Heat oven to 400F, or use the broiler on High (works better for me). Place zucchini wedges, skin side down, on cookie sheet and sprinkle liberally with seasoning. Broil on high for 10 min (maybe less), tossing once, about halfway through. I like mine with a little bit of a crunch, so I remove the cookie sheet from the oven as the edges start to brown up.  Yumm!

Nik's Reaction: "oooh french fries" ... little does he know ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment