April 13, 2012

TVP Keema Mutter

This Friday evening was meant to be chilled out and relaxing, until I got it into my head that I wanted to eat Fresh Home made Chapatis. Of course, if I was making chapatis, I needed a curry, or a Subzi (Hindi: सुब्ज़ी) curry) to go along with it. Since my chapati endeavor was the first in over 20 years, I decided to make an easy one. 

TVP Keema Mutter w Chapati
Prep Time: 15 min

Ready to Heat & Eat TVP
Ingredients:
  1. 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
  2. 1/2 cup Peas
  3. 1 Pack of Yves Meatless Ground (TVP)
  4. 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
  5. 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
  6. 2 tsp Coriander Powder
  7. 1 tsp Turmeric
  8. 1-2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, optional
  9. Salt and Pepper, to taste
  10. 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, and drizzled with lemon/lime juice. Salted to taste. 
Directions:
Line a skillet with about 1/8 cup vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add Ginger-Garlic paste and all spices. Cook for a few minutes and add peas, frozen or fresh, both work just fine. Cook for a few minutes until peas begin to cook down. Add in the TVP, either the ready to eat variety I used today, or reconstituted TVP such as Bob's Red Mill which is more commonly found brand in grocery stores. Toss everything really well together, add a splash of vegetable broth, if necessary and turn heat to low. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes to allow the spices to cook and all the flavors to meld together. Serve garnished with fresh red onion as a crunchy side, and fresh, hot off the skillet Chapati. 

This was was one of my dad's favorite foods ... so this one's for you Daddy, wherever you are!! Miss you everyday .... !!

Daddy with li'l Nik (7 months)


No comments:

Post a Comment