September 15, 2012

HH Butter Bean Cookies

I've never bean a big fan of chocolate chip cookies. I am more of a short bread cookie kind of person. Occasionally, I would eat an oatmeal raisin cookies. Having grown up in India, I still prefer traditional Indian desserts over anything else. I live in a remote rural part of Ohio and I'm probably 1 of 5 Indians in the county. Needless to say, good Indian desserts are hard to come by. So once I went plant-based I never really bothered with any of the cookie or dessert recipes. 


Lately, I've seen a lot of posts on facebook about these Butter Bean Cookies from Happy Herbivore. I tried the recipe tonight ... to the tee, except that I added about 1.5x the amount of chocolate chip cookies and once done, I sprinkled a little bit of raw sugar on top of each piece to give it a glow :)!!!

These were great. Even my omni boys liked them and ate 'em like regular cookies. Score!!!! 


The coolest part about this recipe - no added fats, no processed sugar, no oil at all and best of all ... packed with 2g protein per cookie !! Score!!!

Also, Butter Beans made it to my list as New Veggie #41.


No comments:

Post a Comment