Last night after dinner, I had a little over 4 tablespoons of White Basmati Rice (about 1/8 cup dry) left over. No one wanted to finish this little bit off and I detest throwing good food away. On a whim, I decided to make an overnight oatmeal with rice which made for a delicious breakfast this morning.
Prep Time: < 5 min
- 1/8 cup Cooked White Basmati Rice
- 1/4 cup Old-Fashioned (Rolled) Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Dried Coconut Flakes
- 2 Medjool dates (peeled, pitted, diced)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Non-Dairy Milk (I used Almond)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Green Cardamom Seed
- Maple Syrup (optional, to taste).
Mix all ingredients in a lidded container and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, mix well, heat for about 2-3 min on high in a microwave, if desired. Drizzle with a little honey or maple syrup and enjoy!
Total Fat 10.4 g; Carbohydrates 63.1 g; Fiber 11.7 g; Sugars 27.3 g; Protein 8.8 g
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out my Recipe Index for more Whole-Food, Plant-Based, No-Added-Oil recipes. You can also like Rugrat Chow! on Facebook. Thanks!