December 3, 2013

Baked Taco Chips

I'm fast approaching my 2-Year Plantiversary!!! Yay for me!! Even after all this while, I still occasionally crave the crunch of a bag of potato chips. Since I've reduced processed foods to an absolute minimum, greasy potato chips out of a bag are pretty much a no-no. I decided to try making some home-made potato chip today to see if they would satisfy that itch!!


Prep Time: 20-25 min

Ingredients (Serves 4):
  1. 3 small russet potatoes (about 1 cup)
  2. 1 tsp Onion powder
  3. 1 tsp Garlic powder
  4. 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
  5. Salt, to taste 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Thinly slice the potatoes using a food processor or a mandolin slicer. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with a thin layer of cooking spray. Use a paper towel to wipe any excess oil off, leaving behind only a thin glossy layer all over the sheet. Toss potato slices with all spices (save the salt for later, if needed) and then spread in a single layer (some overlap is okay) on the greased cookie sheet. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and crispy with an occasional shake of the sheet every few minutes. Mine were nice and golden in about 17 min. Remove the sheet from oven and let stand for a few minutes before transferring to a serving plate! Enjoy!


My Assessment: Loved these. Even my 4y old loved these chips and was a tad disappointed when mommy and daddy finished their share ;)

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 31 (Fat Calories 1)
Total Fat 0.1 g; Carbohydrates 7.0 g; Fiber 1.0 g; Sugars 0.9 g; Protein 0.8 g


If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out my Recipe Index for more Whole-Food, Plant-Based, No-Added-Oil recipes. You can also like Rugrat Chow! on Facebook. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment