December 14, 2013

Mushroom, Chickpea Noodle Soup

This soup came about with a vague recollection of Happy Herbivore Chickpea Noodle Soup when I didn't have access to her recipe (or the internet at that moment). Turns out my recipe is nothing like Lindsay's with the exception that we both used Chickpeas, Noodles and Mushrooms. Here's my adaptation. Since the idea was inspired by the original recipe, I'm still crediting Lindsay Nixon here. I also accidentally managed to delete all my pictures :( so there are no pictures today. 

Adapted from: Happy Herbivore Chickpea Noodle Soup

Prep Time: 15 min

Ingredients (Serves 4):
  1. 1 x 15oz Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed 
  2. 3 oz dry Spaghetti
  3. 1 cup Grape tomatoes, halved
  4. 8 oz Cremini mushroom crowns, sliced
  5. 1 small white onion, diced (or 2 tbsp dried Onion flakes)
  6. 1 tbsp Better than Boullion - Vegetable Base
  7. 6-8 cups Water or Home-made Vegetable Broth 
  8. 1 tsp Garlic Powder
  9. 2 tsp dried Parsley
  10. 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
  11. Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Directions:
Put everything in a pot and simmer until spaghetti is soft. Taste test for salt, enjoy!!! For as simple as this recipe is, even my omnivore step-kids loved it!! Sorry I don't have pictures today :(

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)*: Calories 175 (Fat Calories 17)
Total Fat 1.9 g; Carbohydrates 31.0 g; Fiber 4.7 g; Sugars 5.2 g; Protein 9.1 g

* Nutrition facts are provided for the water option as vegetable broth calorie content can vary.

If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out my Recipe Index for more Whole-Food, Plant-Based, No-Added-Oil recipes. You can also like Rugrat Chow! on Facebook. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment