February 16, 2012

Baby Spinach and Hummus Sandwich

While I love salad, and baby spinach is probably my preferred choice before any kind of lettuce, sometimes its just important to bite into a satisfying sandwich. Today was just one of those days. I didn't want just spinach in a bowl with some salad dressing. So, here's what I had instead ...

Baby Spinach and Hummus Sandwich with a side of Veggies
Prep Time: 2 minutes

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Slices of bread (any kind)
  2. 2 tbsp plain hummus
  3. About half a cup of fresh baby spinach.
Directions:
Liberally apply hummus to both slices of bread. Stack baby spinach, and slap 'em slices together!! Voila!! I had it with a side of Mushrooms & Green Beans. You could also toast the sandwich for a delicious Panini.

Nik's Reaction: 
... from afar: Is that my sandwich, mommy?
... up close: No. I don't want leaves. You eat it!!

Update February 17th, 2012: Other sandwich fixings, suggested by friends are ... 
  1. tomatoes 
  2. ripe avocados and thinly sliced apple 
  3. falafel 
  4. thinly sliced cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment