- 1 cup fresh frozen french cut green beans
- 1 cup white button and baby portabella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp whole mustard seeds
- 1-2 tsp Tony Cachere's Creole Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste.
In a deep skillet, heat up the vegetable broth and add garlic and mustard seeds. Once the broth comes to a boil add the green beans and allow to cook for a few minutes. Then add mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on the individual size, and add seasonings. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the broth is almost gone. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. I served this as a side dish with my sandwich for dinner, but I plan on eating whats left, by itself, for lunch tomorrow.
Nik's Reaction: He shoveled the green beans in about as quickly as he could swallow 'em. We're still working on the fungi ... !!!