June 25, 2012

HH "Cheater" Pad Thai

So last night, there was just Nik and I at home and I wanted a quick dinner for the two of us. The li'l guy hadn't had a nap all day, so I also needed something that would go down relatively easily i.e. it needed to be a favorite ... and noodles, in any form, generally do the trick. I settled for HH "Cheater" Pad Thai.  

Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients*:

  1. 1 small red onion, julienned
  2. 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  3. 6-8 white mushrooms, sliced
  4. 1/2 cup frozen green beans
  5. 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
  6. A double batch of HH Cheater Pad Thai Sauce** 
  7. 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, crushed/crumbled. 
  8. 1 cup Quinoa Pasta (Spaghetti) 
HH Cheater Pad Thai
Directions:
Line a skillet with water and saute Ginger-Garlic paste followed by all the veggies. Separately boil pasta noodles and set aside. Once the veggies are ready, add sauce and allow to coat all the veggies. Add noodles and toss everything together. Garnish with roasted crushed peanuts! Slurp!! 

Nik's Reaction: As I said at the start, any kind of noodles are a big hit! He ate a nice big helping and apple on the side too! I'm quite sure that slurping noodles is probably one of his favorite activities.



* A 'no added salt' recipe i.e. no salt is added over and above what is already in the condiments.
** Since I was cooking for a 3-year old, I skipped both the chili and the hot sauce.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm- how perfectly delicious! So adorable to see Nik chowing down his noodles.

    ReplyDelete