July 6, 2013

Spinach and Tofu Panini

HH Tofu Scramble
Tofu Panini
I made HH Tofu Scramble for breakfast this week and had a bunch of leftovers. I usually modify the basic recipe by adding tomatoes, black beans and a ton of cilantro. I didn't have any black beans yesterday and I used some extra Nutritional Yeast to make the preparation extra-cheesy. Since I'm the only one in my house that'll eat tofu (imagine that!), I had to either re-purpose the leftovers or eat the same thing all over again. I opted for re-purposing .... as ooey gooey cheesy Paninis. 

Prep Time: 5 min

Ingredients (Serves 1):
  1. 1/2 recipe tofu scramble
  2. 2 slices of bread
  3. ~1/2 cup of Spinach
Directions:
Spread a thin layer of leftover tofu scramble on one slice of bread and top off with the spinach leaves. Spread remaining tofu scramble on the other slice of bread and combine both sides. Toast 2-3 minutes in a panini maker, or as I did, in a George Foreman Grill, until both sides are crispy and golden brown. I did not use any butter or oil on the bread or in the tofu scramble. The moisture of the tofu scramble and the spinach makes this sandwich moist enough for it to brown really well on the grill. Enjoy!!

Nutritional Facts for this recipe are the same as those listed on the HH website noted above. A half cup of baby spinach has about 5 calories and calories for bread are variable so please check packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment