May 13, 2013

Skillet Chipotle Tofu

I made a dish with lots of green veggies and rice tonight for dinner. I knew as I was getting ready to serve my plate that I would get hungry really quick because there wasn't much substance (protein) on my plate. So I prepared this quick 10 min tofu dish as a protein-rich side. 

Skillet Chipotle Tofu
Prep Time: 10 min

Ingredients (Serves 4):

  1. 14 oz pack of Extra-Firm Tofu (cut into 8 slices)
  2. 2-3 tsp Taco Seasoning
  3. 1 tsp Ground Chipotle Peppers
  4. Salt (to taste)
  5. Hot Sauce, optional
Directions:
Pre-heat a seasoned cast-iron pan to medium-high and then gently place each individual slice of tofu (pressed or unpressed) onto the pan. As it sizzles, each slice will form a skin which will then prevent it from sticking to the skillet. Once the first side is seared, flip each piece gently and sear the other side. As the tofu begin to take on color, sprinkle taco seasoning on each side and continue to cook until both sides are nice and brown, making sure to flip frequently to prevent burning. For the last 2 minutes, also sprinkle chipotle pepper powder. Serve hot, with hot sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves!!

Nutrition Facts (Per Serving): Calories 100 (Fat Calories 45)
Total Fat 5.0 g; Carbohydrates 2.5 g; Fiber 1.3 g; Sugars 0 g; Protein 10.0 g

No comments:

Post a Comment