November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving November!


So a friend on Facebook posted a link to her own blog (Plant Based Junkies) challenging everyone to post what they were thankful for each day this month. I decided to take up the challenge and have been updating my Facebook status each day so far. Today, I decided to consolidate those posts into a single blog post ...  

November 1, 2012 - I am thankful for ... our furnace this morning! Brrrr! ... and this evening, I am thankful for .... glimpses of blue skies after 8 days of rainy nights and rainy days!

November 2, 2012 - I am thankful for .... a brilliant sunrise, and a sun shiny day to follow! .. and .... this evening after seeing another LONG line of utility trucks heading NE on I-71 .... I am thankful for all the rescue workers and volunteers that have been helping with the relief efforts in the NE. 

November 3, 2012 - I am thankful for ... an intelligent, smart, independent older step-son! Watch out world, Bryce Anthony Coder will be making his mark.

November 4, 2012 - I am thankful for ... (a) having caught li'l Nik Coder's croup early on Saturday night so that he is almost all better this morning and (b) electricity - my dear brother and his family (in NJ) were without it since Superstorm Sandy.

November 5, 2012 - I am thankful for a great babysitter! Thank you G'ma Jeanne for your loving care!

November 6, 2012 - I am thankful for ... a democratic nation. Go out and vote people and may the best guy win!!! (This was the day I voted in my first Presidential election since becoming a United States citizen). 

November 7, 2012 - I am thankful that democracy prevailed and my vote actually counted for something! Congratulations Mr. President!!! Here's to 4 more years!! (This is the day we re-elected President Obama for a second term, I voted in Ohio, the biggest swing state of all).

November 8, 2012 - I am thankful for my health. My li'l boy is only 3 years old and I hope to be around and healthy on his wedding day and to play with his kids one day! :)

November 9, 2012 - I am thankful for a warm bed every night!!! Its the end of the week ... I'm whupped!

November 10, 2012 - I am thankful that my dear uncle back in India is on his path to recovery after a health scare these last couple of days!

November 11, 2012 - I am thankful for my husband's love for football ♥ which allows me a chance for a much needed Sunday afternoon nap ... Zzzz!

November 12, 2012 - I am thankful for all my friends and extended family members across the world that are celebrating a very happy Diwali this year! Happy Diwali everyone!

November 13, 2012 - I am thankful for my youngest aunt Preeti Sawhney Ghosh for being the person who introduced me to reading and new and exciting foods (eating out of course, unless she was baking) when I was a kid an now she's the only one in my entire extended family who'll try my recipes :) love you Bhua!

November 14, 2012 - I am thankful for THE BEST MOM IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! She taught me right from wrong and continues to do so now. She isn't shy about admonishing me when she feels the need to do so and has always been my best cheer-leader. I ♥ U, Ma. Happy Birthday!!!

November 15, 2012 - I am thankful for my brothers - Vivek, Vikas, Vikram, Siddharth, Alok, Sangeet, Amit, Prakash, Rahul, Rohit, Vivek O, Vinamra and Vyom. Happy Bhai Dooj! May you all be blessed with health and prosperity and long lives! Love you all :)

November 16, 2012 - I am thankful for all my sisters - Srishti, Gauri, Sheetal, Ruchika, Arti, Laxmi, Shraddha, Charu and Stutee. You know me in & out, good & bad, high & low, and still love me unconditionally, despite it all. And for that, I love you all back BIG much!!! I ♥ all my lovely Sawhney sisters, by blood, and by law. You're the best!!! Muah! 

November 17, 2012 - I am thankful for a sweet, thoughtful, bright and intelligent younger step-son, Alex Coder. Thanks for helping clean the house this morning!

November 18, 2012 - I am thankful for a few hours all to myself :) while all the boys were out and about!! A rare treat!

November 19, 2012 - I am thankful for a 3-Day work week ... had to get that one in :)

November 20, 2012 - I am thankful for a caring, wonderful, sweet nephew!! Happy Birthday, Vyom Sawhney!!! Love you big much!!!

November 21, 2012 - I am thankful for being the daughter of Vijay Sawhney! An honorable, loving, decisive, and very protective man who is responsible for molding me into who I am today! The best dad anyone could ask for! I will always love you Daddy! Miss you everyday!

November 22, 2012 - Thanksgiving Day - I am thankful for our family and friends, here in Ohio, in the US, in India and across the rest of the world! You enrich my (our) lives!!!

November 23, 2012 - QOTD - "When you have a child there is a line from you to the child that exists forever and cannot be broken" - Mo Hayder. I am thankful for li'l Nik Coder. My li'l sweetheart, full of questions and stories and dreams and imaginary friends. Mommy loves you with all her heart and is so immensely thankful that you came along and brightened up her life!! ♥

November 24, 2012 - I am thankful for my husband, Tony Coder! He's so handsome, so cute :) .. funny, and caring and thoughtful and oh just perfect! And in the eyes of "my" lovely family he's a saint because he puts up with me (sigh! family!). I love you, honey!!! ♥

November 25, 2012 - I am thankful for Lindsay Shay Nixon and her Happy Herbivore cookbooks. Almost 11 months ago, I changed my dietary lifestyle to whole-foods, plant-based, no-added-oil foods. Almost 25 lbs later, I have never felt better, and have no desire to go back to the SAD (Standard American Diet)!!! Thank you, Happy Herbivore!! 

November 26, 2012 - I am thankful for what a beautiful person my dear niece has grown up to be, inside and out! Happy Sweet Sixteen Radhika Sawhney :)

November 27, 2012 - I am thankful for my dear dear older Shistaah!!!! Srishti Sawhney, you're the very best there is ... the best that anyone could ask for!!! I love you with all my heart!!

November 28, 2012 - I am thankful for my awesome nephew, Vinamra Sawhney. He is smart, intelligent, talented and I would love it if he shaved his Movember beard. Love you Noniya!

November 29, 2012 - I am thank for the lovely Joules. She's been with me for a long time and is just as faithful and unconditionally loving as always. She is the prettiest dawg in the whole wide world.

November 30, 2012 - The last day of Thanksgiving November - I am thankful for the fact that I have all the above to be thankful for! A lot of people get by with a lot less than that! Count your blessings people!

... and have a great holiday season, everyone!!!

1 comment: